In this episode of the Unleash Your Blog podcast, Danny Coleman and I compare ConvertKit to every other email marketing software to find the best option for professional bloggers.
In short, ConvertKit is incredibly easy-to-use for both serving and building your email list, but still has advanced tagging capabilities and automated email sequences.
- A look at the email marketing software we are comparing to ConvertKit 1:05
- The situation where ConvertKit is your absolute best option (and when it’s not) 2:40
- Why Nathan Barry is the perfect expert to create easy-to-use email marketing software 4:05
- MailChimp’s advantage over most email marketing solutions 5:05
- Why I do not recommend ActiveCampaign for email marketing if you’re a blogger 6:10
- The steps you take to create a broadcast email with ConvertKit’s intuitive design 7:05
- Tagging subscribers is your secret superpower―don’t miss out on this feature 7:50
- How to identify your raving fans on an email list with ConvertKit’s tagging capabilities 9:01
- The opt-out strategy I’m using to drastically decrease unsubscribes inside of ConvertKit 9:45
- Send each email broadcast like you’re emailing a friend―here’s what that looks like 13:30
- The prefix-based tagging system I use for every subscriber in my ConvertKit account 15:45
- Why you need one core tool to both serve and build your email list (where most fall flat) 16:43
- How ConvertKit’s WordPress plugin makes it incredibly easy to add optins to each post 17:50
- The one move that made Danny’s blog feel “official” for the first time (using ConvertKit) 19:30
- Examples of advanced forms that come with your ConvertKit account (free of charge) 20:05
- The problem with using software that’s not built for bloggers―like Infusionsoft 21:00
- When email automation is better than broadcasts (for you and your subscribers) 27:25
- The summary of why ConvertKit is the best email marketing solution for bloggers 31:35
- Does ConvertKit make sense for other businesses, if the focus is not on a blog? 33:07
- Free month trial of ConvertKit (email marketing software―includes live demo)
- Nathan Barry (founder of ConvertKit)
- Gumroad (digital commerce platform)
- Episode 7: Write Your First Sales Page with One Simple Formula
- ConvertKit’s Revenue Dashboard (a live look at ConvertKit’s transparent data)
- Project LAUNCH Challenge (30-day blog-to-business challenge)
Get Your Action Guide
Download your copy of the Unleash Your Blog action guide!
You'll learn how to turn your blog into a thriving online business.